Sunday, December 22, 2013

Bombay Chopstix- A great Indo-Chinese Restaurant

Restaurant: Bombay Chopstix
2160 North Coit Road, Richardson, Texas 75080
Buffet or a-la-carte: A-la-carte
Date of visit: 12/21/13


The outside. Photo credit: Me


Background:
Salam/hey guys! I am still on vacation in Dallas. I bring to you today another restaurant: Bombay Chopstix. It's mainly Chinese, but it has Indian dishes available too. While the trip to Olive Burger was a casual trip with my uncle, the trip here was a family dinner. This restaurant is also located in Richardson, and it also has a branch in Irving. The main reason for going here was because my family was going to meet up, eat, and go and watch an Indian movie (which turned out to be horrible). This was rather a last minute notice, as I was shopping at the Allen Premium Outlets with my uncle. So after picking up my dad, we arrived at the restaurant.



Let The Experience Begin!
Bombay Chopstix was quite a big restaurant. There were not one, but three TVs. One was showing a singing show on the local NBC station, and the other two I do not know. Right in front of the door was the cashier, and right behind them was the kitchen. After getting the family together, we decided to order.



Let's Eat!
We ordered a lot of things, since this was a family dinner. We ordered chicken hot and sour soup, chicken lollipops, spring rolls, chicken Desi fried rice, Chicken Manchurian, Noodles, American chop suey, and Garlic chicken. To drink, we all got water. The price for each thing was between $7-$9 (tax included) so it did not take a huge bite out of my aunt's wallet. 
Now about the waiting time. Whenever there is a dining party of more than two people, the rules change. And this is also according to the cuisine. This is because in most Asian (including Indian) restaurants, they give you a huge dish of the stuff you ordered, even if you are dining in by yourself. It's basically like the dish that you use to serve everyone at the dining table at home. In every other cuisine, each person is given individual dishes. Like for example, when I went to Famous Hamburger in Dearborn, they didn't give me, my uncles, and my cousins burgers in one huge platter. They gave them individually. So this is how it's gonna work. If we dine in any restaurant that serve their food in dishes than individually, then after two people, for every additional person that comes and is affiliated with my dining group, an additional one minute will be added to the waiting time limit. If they serve the food in individual dishes, then after two people, for every additional person that comes and is affiliated with my dining group, an additional three minutes will be added tot he waiting time limit. If they do a mix, then the waiting time will favor the group dining rules that I just spelled out. Now in the case of Bombay Chopstix, they do a mix. The soups come individually, while the rest come in either plates or dishes. Thankfully, all the food that we ordered were within the time minute. The grand total was 25 minutes and 52 seconds. Great job on efficiency!



The menu definitely resembles Masala Wok. Like the price to be paid depends on what protein you choose. Now to make a dish Indian, just add paneer (cottage cheese). Price-wise, this is a bit more expensive than Masala Wok. No specific item on the menu particularly interests me, as they are common in Chinese restaurants everywhere.


Chicken Hot and Sour Soup

Spring roll

Chicken Lollipops

Chicken Desi Fried Rice

Chicken Desi Fried Rice, Noodles, and Chicken Manchurian

American Chop Suey and Garlic chicken


The Verdict:
The food was delicious except the American chop suey. The chop suey was way too sweet for my liking. The reason for the sweetness was because of the sweet and sour sauce, and sweet and sour sauce does not taste good with noodles. Out of all the stuff that was delicious, the victor was the chicken lollipops. It was so good that I decided to have extra pieces of it and eat the accompanying sauce by itself! Second place was the Manchurian. It reminded me of the really delicious one I had at my favorite restaurant back in Saudi Arabia (closed down unfortunately). Now when you order the Desi fried rice, be careful of the green chilies! Once you accidentally bite one of them, IT IS PURE HELL! I think I bit into them at least eight times. I drank nearly all of my water, and the glass was really big! Nevertheless, the meal was enjoyable.
The service was alright. The people were really helpful in getting the stuff out of the way for the other food to come! It was critical as we had ordered three of each dish, and we were spread out over three tables! One thing I particularly do not understand is that you have to get plates and cutlery by yourself. If this was a buffet, I would understand, but for an a-la-carte, why? Can't they just give it to us before they give us the food? 



Conclusion:
Bombay Chopstix is a good place to eat whether you are with people or by yourself. Just avoid the American chop suey and you will enjoy the food! I will come back and try this place again, and I would recommend this to someone who is really picky and require food to have a Desi element in it. Overall, good job!



Grading Information:
Service: 9/10
Food: 8/10
Waiting Time: 10/10
Overall: 27/30 = 90% (A)
Pricing: $$ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Bombay Chopstix
2160 North Coit Road, Richardson, Texas 75080
Phone: (972) 889-8588 
Timings: Mon-Thu: 11 AM - 10 PM; Fri: 11 AM - 10:30 PM; Sat: 12 PM - 10:30 PM; Sun: 12 PM - 10 PM
Caters: Yes

Feel free to comment below! 

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed 

1 comment:


  1. I prefer to read this kind of stuff. The quality of content is fine and the conclusion is good. Thanks for the post.

    FreeCouponDeals

    ReplyDelete