Friday, March 20, 2015

Zamani Mediterranean Grill- Some Good Halal Food in the Northside

Restaurant: Zamani Mediterranean Grill
Address: 9441 Louetta Road, Spring, Texas 77379
Buffet or a-la-carte: A-la-carte
Date of visit: 3/7/15



Background:
Salam/hey guys! After being sick and having a major exam, I am back! Today I will be reviewing a known Mediterranean place: Zamani's. I got to go here as I was driving to the dealership to get my car serviced. I have heard many good things about this place. I heard that their shawarmas were the best in the north side of town, and that they have good plates as well.



Let The Experience Begin!
Zamani's is located in the strip mall at the interection of Louetta and Old Louetta. Just a few blocks down Louetta, is Champions masjid (Masjid Al-Salam). Attached to the restaurant is a grocery store. There is no separate entrance to the restaurant. Inside you have all the menu items displayed. After looking at it, I was ready to order.



Let's Eat!
I ordered the beef/lamb shawarma. There were two shawarma style rotisseries that are visible. I paid a total of $7.03 (tax related). The waiting time was very quick at 3 minutes and 23 seconds.



Menu (click to view): The menu consisted of various Mediterranean favorites like shawarma and kababs. The prices were great! They do have a website with the menu, but they didn't update the menu prices.



Sandwich Box Combo, Grilled Kabobs, and Kids Menu


Sandwiches, Salads, Sides, and other favorites


Plates and family dinners


The Chicken Shawarma (I got it for takeout as I had to go to the dealership)


The Verdict:
I have heard nothing but praise for this restaurant from other people, and those people were right. The shawarma was great! For some reason, they give you boxes of garlic sauce and spicy sauce. Since I really love garlic sauce, I decided to use it by dipping the shawarma inside the garlic sauce. I drank some Coke after getting to the dealership. Overall, two thumbs up.
The service was normal like any other restaurant. I just got the food and left.



Conclusion:
Considering that the vast majority of shawarma places in Houston are south of I-10, Zamani is a very nice place for you to have some nice Arab food. It is located very close to Champions Masjid. I would come back and try their different items.



Grading:
Service: 8/10
Food: 8.5/10
Total: 16.5/20 = 82.5% (B)
Pricing: $$ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Zamani Mediterranean Grill
9441 Louetta Road, Spring, Texas 77379
Phone: (281) 251-9111
Website: http://www.zamanigrill.com/
Facebook: none
Timings: Sun-Thu: 10:30 AM - 9 PM; Fri & Sat: 10:30 AM - 10 PM
Caters: Yes

Feel free to comment below, message me on Facebook, or send me an email!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment