Saturday, June 20, 2015

Yanni's Greek Cafe - The Only Halal Greek Place in North Texas

Restaurant: Yanni's Greek Cafe
Address: 280 FM 544, Murphy, TX 75094
Buffet or a-la-carte: a-la-carte
Date of visit: 6/10/15




Background:
Salam/hey guys. Welcome to the last review of this Dallas trip! The review will be on Yanni's Greek Cafe. Believe it or not, this is the only halal Greek place not only in Murphy (the only halal place in all of Murphy), but also in the entire Metroplex. I convinced my aunt to let me drive here before getting my car serviced. I had to carefully budget out my restaurant trips for the trip, so I saved this for the last. After getting ready, and going through the back roads of Collin County, I arrived at the restaurant.



Let The Experience Begin!
Yanni's Greek Cafe is located in the strip mall near the intersection of FM 544 and Murphy Road. The inside had a nice, dark, ambiance. There was a Greek radio station playing throughout the restaurant. I was immediately helped after I got in. After looking at the menu for a few minutes, I was ready to order.



Let's Eat!
I decided to go light and healthy. I ordered the traditional Greek lentil soup and a classic gyro. I paid $10.89 (tax included). The waiting time was 10 minutes and 43 seconds.




The menu is fairly priced. It's has many traditional Greek dishes like Euro Bakery in Spring. The main difference is that there are a lot more appetizer options here than Euro Bakery. Some of the appetizer items I had never heard before. They also have dips with various sauces. The one with caviar really caught my eye, but I was kinda hoping that there would be legit caviar :P. The major difference is that this place is not fully halal. Their sausage is not halal, but it is cooked separately from the halal meat. 



Greek Lentil Soup

The Gyro



The Verdict:
The Lentil Soup was outstanding. It was very tasty and refreshing. The bread was perfect also. The gyro was decent, but it felt nice to eat a gyro after a while. The food was washed down with a nice glass of water.
The service was good. The people were really nice and had smiles. They went around making sure everyone is OK.



Conclusion:
I would make another trip here the next time I visit. I hope to try the other Greek items. I wish I could try the Saganaki. It would be fun for someone to shout "OPA" and then serve me the food. Unfortunately, it's flambeed (flambayed) with alcohol. 



Grading:
Service: 8/10
Food: 8/10
Total: 16/20 = 80% (B)
Pricing: $$ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Yanni's Greek Cafe
280 FM 544, Murphy, TX 75094
Phone: (972) 424-9494
Timings: Mon-Thu: 11 AM - 9 PM; Fri-Sat: 11 AM - 10 PM; Sun: 11 AM - 8 PM
Caters: Yes

Feel free to comment below, send me a message on Facebook or Twitter, or email me!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment