Saturday, March 19, 2016

Tony's New York Pizzeria: A Halal Pizza Place in the North Side

Restaurant: Tony's New York Pizzeria
Address: 9203 Louetta Road, Spring, Texas 77379
Buffet or a-la-carte: a-la-carte
Date of visit: 3/9/16



Background:
Salam/hey guys, and welcome to my latest review! I had been busy earlier because I had my midterm exams. So the review is of a pizzeria that sells NY Style called Tony's. I've actually heard a lot of good things about that place from my friends and other foodies. I also wanted to go here because it's one of the few pizza places that serve by the slice. My chance to go here came when I had to go to Spring for some work. I had enough time until I had to be there, so I decided to come here for lunch and see whether the food lives up to what the people have said. After the really long drive from Prairie View on FM 2920 as well as Louetta, I arrived at the place.



Let the Experience Begin!
Tony's is located at the Valero gas station at the intersection of Louetta and Colony Creek Drive. Inside, the tables had checker boards, so if you want, you could play checkers. There was also an air hockey table. There were people in front of me when I arrived at the place. After waiting, it was my turn to order.



Let's Eat!
My first inclination was to get the buffet, but the pizza there wasn't halal. So I asked which ones were halal and he had explained it to me. So I ended up getting the lunch special consisting of a Philly Cheesesteak pizza with Caesar salad. I paid over $6 (tax included). The waiting time was 5 minutes and 37 seconds.



Menu: http://www.tonysnypizzahouston.com/#!menu/cwld
The menu here is pretty extensive. They have Sicilian style pizza and even pizza by the slice. They also have a couple of pastas and baked items as well. Remember, when ordering halal, you must request them when ordering. The items are priced at decent amounts. The halal options are: wings, chicken, meatballs, and their Philly Cheesesteak pizza.



Philly Cheesesteak Pizza and Caesar Salad


The Verdict:
The salad was very fresh. It went well with the ranch that came with it. The pizza, however, was average. The entire slice, from the cheese to the meats to the vegetables, tasted ok, nowhere near it's competitors. It was also very oily, one of the most oiliest pizzas that I have eaten. The food was washed down with water. Overall, one thumb up for the salad, and one side thumb for the pizza.
The service was good. The person was nice and told me the halal items that were available.



Conclusion:
Tony's is probably the only halal pizza place between 249 and I-45. It's just average to be honest. I'll probably only eat it if it's catered. If you want the best halal pizza in Houston, then I suggest you go somewhere else.



Grading: 
Service: 8/10
Food: 6/10
Total: 14/20 = 70% (C)
Pricing: $$ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Tony's New York Pizza
9203 Louetta Road, Spring, Texas 77379
Phone: (281) 251-4500
Website: http://www.tonysnypizzahouston.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tonysnewyorkpizzahouston
Timings:

Mondays-Thursdays: 11 AM - 9:30 PM
Fridays-Saturdays: 11 AM - 10 PM
Sundays: closed

Caters: Yes
Delivery available

Feel free to comment below, send me an email, or message me on Facebook

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

2 comments:

  1. Best halal pizza in Houston in your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say Crespo, Homebase, or Russo's on Kirby for regular or NY Style

      Delete