Saturday, April 30, 2016

Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill- A Healthy, Halal Mediterranean Version of Chipotle

Restaurant: Garbanzo Mediterranean
Address: 947 Gessner Road, Houston, Texas 77024
Buffet or a-la-carte: neither
Date of visit: 4/9/16


Background:
Salam/hey guys! Welcome to my latest review of Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill! Today I will be giving you guys a walkthrough of the restaurant, and give you an idea of how the food tastes. Garbanzo Mediterranean is a Halal Mediterranean version of Chipotle. You get to pick a meat, and unlimited number of sides, just like chipotle. Like Chipotle, you go through a line with the person helping you out on what items you have. The obvious difference is that Garbanzo actually has halal options unlike Chipotle. Garbanzo also has locations in San Antonio, Atlanta, Denver, Colorado Springs, Ft. Collins, Phoenix, and Los Angeles. I got to go after I had finished an event and before I had to head to UH. After going through traffic, I arrived at the place.



Let The Experience Begin!
Garbanzo is located off I-10 in the same area as Kuu restaurant in the Memorial Hermann Memorial City complex. The inside looks really nice, but I was literally the only person inside the restaurant. Without hesitation, I was ready to order.



Let's Eat!
I ordered the sirloin steak plate. For the sides, I got rice, salad, vegetables, garlic sauce, and feta cheese. It came with free bread. All of that food for just $9.30 (tax included). Really good value and a generous portion.



Menu: only their chicken and steak are halal. But everything is under $10 if you don't get anything to drink. You also have the option of pita, gyro (not sure if you can put any meat in the gyro), salad, and wrap. Regarding the meats and veggies, you also have chicken (either chopped up or in a skewer), a steak skewer, portobello mushrooms, falafel, and gyro meat (again, not halal). What I don't like is that bottled water is $1.99.



The plate


The Verdict:
The food was decent. I actually found it to be better than some of the Mediterranean places that I've been to in my lifetime, but not as good as other Mediterranean places. The presentation looks good. Every part of the plate has each item, and the sauce is on the top. I'm sure that you could ask them for garlic sauce on the side. The person helping me in the front is friendly.



Conclusion:
I wouldn't mind coming here again and trying out the chicken items and the other sides. Just two suggestions: get white pita and also have a free cup of water. If other places can do it, why can't they?



Grading:
Service: 7/10
Food: 7.5/10
Total: 14.5/20 = 72.5% (C)
Pricing: $ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill
947 Gessner Road, Houston, Texas 77024
(832) 804-9616
Website: http://eatgarbanzo.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GarbanzoMedFresh/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf
Timings: Mon-Sun: 11 AM - 9 PM
Caters: Yes

Feel free to comment below, send me an email, or message me on Facebook!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed


No comments:

Post a Comment