Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Arpeggio's Grill: A Good Find in the State Capitol

Restaurant: Arpeggio's Grill
Address: 6619 Airport Boulevard, Austin, Texas 78752
Buffet or a-la-carte: A-la-carte
Date of visit: 5/29/2016



Background:
Salam/hey guys! And welcome to my latest review. I have been really busy. I have gone back to work, Ramadan is in full swing, and I focused on getting into shape. Well at the end of last month, my family went to a place in Austin called Arpeggio Grill. Now why Austin? We had taken a road trip to Fredericksburg, which is in West Central Texas, west of San Antonio. We decided to stop at a place in Austin for dinner before getting on the fastest highway in America on our way back to Houston. I would have picked Halal Bros, which I have heard has the best halal food in all of Central Texas. But my family are not big fans of it. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised when they said they loved Gyro King when I took them there a few months ago. So we got help from my sister's friend, who is a student at the University of Texas, on deciding on where to eat before heading home. He then recommended Arpeggio's. I have heard a lot about Arpeggio's from people I know that attend UT Austin. I have heard a lot about their giant pizza. Based on the pics, it was the largest that I have ever seen a halal restaurant offer in my life! I have heard a lot of good things about their food, so I went with high hopes and expectations. Despite my sister pleading to go to Brio's (and being extremely salty because we didn't go to a place of her choice), we headed to Arpeggio's.


Let The Experience Begin!
Arpeggio's is located next to Ya Hala Hookah Lounge (not connected to the restaurant) at the intersection of Airport and Huntland Drive. The inside was very nice. There were tables and there were even sitting areas for families and large groups of people. The majority of the people in there were UT students (I assume this is very popular with UT students). We were welcomed and then taken to the table by the really nice waiter. After reading through the menu, and me taking my time to decide what I should get, we were ready to order.



Let's Eat!
Well, the pizza was out of question unfortunately. Dad is not a fan of pizza, and will never be. So we ended up going with the Arab food. We ordered a few items: the Arpeggio Meza platter (hummus, tabbouli, baba ghanouj, rice topped with chicken and beef shawarma, and dolma served with garlic sauce and pita bread), the Mashawi platter (kafta kabab, chicken shawarma, and gyro meat served with rice and tzatziki sauce), the chicken kabab plate, and some garlic hot wings. The waiting time was 25 minutes and 10 seconds. While waiting, we reflected on how Fredericksburg was and how much fun we had on the trip.



Menu: http://www.arpeggiogrill.com/#!menu/c24tf
Their Arab items are pretty standard. You have various kababs with rice, sandwiches, and the popular appetizers. They have a wide variety of pizza toppings available, but they should put the prices of the toppings on their website. The wing flavor choices were fantastic. It's the most that I've ever seen at a halal restaurant in the US so far. I really hope that one day many halal places in Houston that have wings would have other flavor choices instead of just buffalo or BBQ. Everything was reasonably priced, including the giant pizza. They also have a lunch special on weekdays.



(From top left): Arpeggio Meza Platter, chicken kabob, Mashawi platter, and garlic hot wings


The Verdict:
We had a positive experience here, and the stop was worth it. I really liked the wings, the chicken kabab, and the chicken shawarma. I didn't like the kafta kabab though. My family were stuffed after eating half their plates, while my dad and I were able to finish our plates, despite having snacked throughout the trip on chicken sandwiches, water, Coke (for me), and Lays BBQ Chips. After paying the bill, we hit the road.



Conclusion:
Arpeggio's is a solid place to try in Austin. The people are really nice and the food is solid. My dad actually got the flyer from them so that the next time we're in Austin, we would try that place. I hope to try their giant pizza when I hopefully come with my friends to Austin after Ramadan ends. If you want to try some Arab food in Austin, then I would recommend this place. Just don't order the kafta kabab though.



Grading:
Service: 9/10
Food: 7/10
Total: 16/20 = 80% (A)
Pricing: $$ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Arpeggio's Grill
6619 Airport Boulevard, Austin, Texas 78752
Phone: (512) 419-0110
Website: http://www.arpeggiogrill.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Arpeggio-Grill-104967339545904/
Timings: Mon-Sun: 11 AM - 10 PM
Caters: Yes
Online ordering available via GrubHub (source: https://www.grubhub.com/restaurant/arpeggio-grill-6619-airport-blvd-austin/327492?classicAffiliateId=%2Fr%2Fw%2F39492%2Frestaurant%2F327492)

Feel free to comment below, send me an email, or message me on Facebook!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment