Tuesday, August 30, 2016

QUICK REVIEW- Shri Balaji Bhavan: Vegetarian again!

Restaurant: Shri Balaji Bhavan
Address: 5655 Hillcroft Street, Houston, Texas
Buffet or a-la-carte: a-la-carte
Date of visit: 8/4/16

Since school is starting to kick in really hard causing major delays in my reviews, I have decided that I will start this thing called Quick Reviews. This won't be as elaborate as my normal reviews, but it will highlight all the major aspects of a restaurant experience.

Background:
Salam/hey guys! Welcome to my first restaurant experience for the month of August! Today I will be trying a vegetarian place called Shri Balaji Bhavan. This allows me to compare it to Saravanaa Bhavan which is a few miles away from Hillcroft on Westheimer. I went with my boss.



Let The Experience Begin!
It is located right opposite Busy Boy. The inside was ok. There was a TV playing an Indian Channel.



Let's Eat!
My boss ordered the Madras Thali and I ordered the vegetable biryani and got a Frooti to drink.



Menu: Based on the menu pics on Yelp, the entrees mainly focus on dosas and rice dishes. They do have thalis though.


Shri Balaji Bhavan - Houston, TX, United States. Menu.
Le Menu. Photo Credit: https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/shri-balaji-bhavan-houston?select=R8MeUPb1ZtgEGqcEB_XN1Q


Vegetable Biryani with Raita


The Verdict:
The food was pretty good. My boss loved his thali.



Conclusion:
A solid vegetarian place. I'd come for their biryani again. I wish they would put in some curries on their everyday menu.



Grading:
Service: 8/10
Food: 8.5/10
Total: 16.5/20 = 82.5% (B)
Pricing: $ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Shri Balaji Bhavan
5655 Hillcroft Street, Houston, Texas
Phone: (713) 783-1126
Website: none
Facebook: none
Timings: Mon & Wed-Sun: 11 AM - 9:30 PM; Tue: closed
Caters: Unknown

Feel free to comment below, send me an email, or message me on Facebook!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment