Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Holy Land Cafe: Great Mediterranean food in the Great Plains

Restaurant: Holy Land Cafe
Address: 12275 West 87th Street Parkway, Lenexa, Kansas
Buffet or a-la-carte: a-la-carte
Date of visit: April Fool's Day, 2017



Background:
Salam/hey guys! Today I will be talking about my experience at a well known Mediterranean restaurant in the Kansas side of town. This is also the only review on the Kansas side of this trip as well as the last review of this trip. I know it has been way too long, but finals are on the corner and I had a huge onslaught of tests this past month along with exhilarating lab reports and assignments. Anyways, the place in question is called Holy Land Cafe. I heard about it from my uncle, who said that it is one of the best. So I took his word and went there before staying at the hotel where the rest of the PV crew were staying. The reason for that was because the bus the next day for Houston would leave at 6 AM, and that it would not be practical to drop there early morning since the hotel is near Kansas City airport and my uncle's house in Overland Park was 38 miles away. After bidding adieu to my relatives, it was time to go there.



Let The Experience Begin!
Holy Land Cafe is located near the interseciton of West 87th and Quivara, a few blocks from I-35. The setting was very modest and it gives the feeling of being in a hole-in-the-wall place. We were welcomed, then given menus.



Let's Eat!
I ordered the lentil soup, and chicken shawarma plate, and so did my uncle from Dallas who was with me. I also got a chicken shawarma for dinner, because the "banquet" that I was supposed to go to did not have any food. Waiting time was a modest 13 minutes and 31 seconds.



Menu (click to view): Lunch MenuDinner Menu
Interestingly, this place serves biryani, but it looks more Arab than Indian/Pakistani (Yes, there is an Arab version of it). Otherwise, this place serves up popular Mediterranean dishes. And they are not stingy on the sides unlike Habashi House.


Bowl of Salad

Chicken Shawarma Plate

Lentil Soup

The Verdict:
Both my uncle and I loved the food here. I thought that this place had the best Mediterranean food that I have had in the Kansas City area. The lentil soup was very flavorful and fresh. The chicken had the perfect amount of flavor and taste. Overall, two thumbs up. No complaints about the service. The people were really nice.


Conclusion:
If you are in Kansas City, then you should give Holy Land Cafe a try! Really good Mediterranean food and good service. I definitely see myself coming back here the next time I visit Kansas City.



Grading:
Service: 9/10
Food: 9/10
Total: 18/20 = 90% (A)
Pricing: $$ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Holy Land Cafe
12275 West 87th Street Parkway, Lenexa, Kansas
Phone: (913) 310-9911
Website: http://holylandcafe.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Holy-Land-Cafe-167479979938481/
Timings: Mon-Thu: 11 AM - 9 PM; Fri-Sat: 11 AM - 10 PM; Sun: 12 PM - 8 PM
Caters: yes

Feel free to comment below, send me a message on Facebook, or send me an email!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment