Sunday, January 7, 2018

Twisted Turban: A New Kind of Fusion

Restaurant: Twisted Turban
Address: 2832 S Texas 6 (Hwy 6 and Richmond), Houston, TX
Buffet or a-la-carte: a-la-carte
Date of visit: 1/1/18


Background:

Salam/hey guys! New year, new review! This is a trip to a place that was voted by my followers on Instagram: Twisted Turban. I did a few polls about where I should do my first review of 2018, and this place got the most votes. I had a few hours remaining before I had to head to the mosque for an event, so I decided to give this place a try. Twisted turban opened up on 22nd December to rave reviews. Ironically, I had received a lot of requests to give this place a try. Twisted Turban introduces a fusion that is new to the city as well as myself: Tex-Indian. It’s basically Tex (or Tex-Mex) and Indian combined together. An interesting combo as this is a first for me, and for the city. I had some time off before meeting one of my best friends that was here on vacation from medical school in Philadelphia. So I made the drive from Cypress to the restaurant.



Let The Experience Begin!

The place is located on Highway 6 and Richmond Avenue. Really smart place honestly. It's located near a major mosque and a major Islamic school. It isn't also far from the energy corridor nor is it far from Sugar Land. The inside was very nice. There were paintings of stuff that were important to both Houston and India. I went up to the front and ordered my food.



Let's Eat!

I ordered their Turban burger. It's a beef patty topped with brisket, mango slaw, Muenster cheese, and their turban sauce. I paid $9.99+ tax for the burger, and the waiting time was 12 minutes and 20 seconds. To wait, I just watched the bowl game between LSU and Notre Dame.



Menu: https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/twisted-turban-houston?select=YeeYvAhd-wzNtvjtNsz4sQ

This was the best I got as the menu on their website is incomplete! It's really a fusion of both Texan and Indian food. Papri burger? Mmmmm




Shot #1
Shot #2





The Verdict:
The fusion of Indian and Texas food goes well! The food was really good. The spice level was actually tolerable (I say this as a Desi). My only issue was that the patty was slightly overcooked. Service was great. The people were incredibly nice.



Conclusion:
Twisted Turban is a great place if you want to try the unique fusion of Texan and Indian food. It may put off some people when they either hear about Tex-Indian fusion or a Papri burger, but just give it a try! You'll definitely feel welcome as the people at the restaurant will take very good care of you.

One last thing: This place cannot be compared with the likes of Busy Boy or Stanton's. The two places that I mentioned used are classic American places, while this place is a fusion. It would be unfair to compare those two places to this one. 



Grading:
Service: 10/10
Food: 8/10
Total: 18/20 = 90% (A)
Pricing: $$ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Twisted Turban
2832 S Texas 6 (Hwy 6 and Richmond), Houston, TX
Phone: (832) 455-5300
Website: https://twistedturbantx.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TwistedTurbanTX/
Timings: Mon, Wed, Thu, Sun: 10:30 AM - 10 PM; Fri-Sat: 10:30 AM - 11 PM; Closed Tue.
Caters: Yes

Feel free to comment below, send me a message on Facebook, or send me an email!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment