Thursday, March 29, 2018

Taste of Greek: A Food Truck in Kingwood

Restaurant: Taste of Greek
Address: 1956 Northpark Dr, Kingwood, Texas
Buffet or a-la-carte: a-la-carte
Date of visit: 3/10/18



Background:
Salam/hey guys! For the first time since Summer 16, I am reviewing a place that is in the Northeast part of the Houston area (Kingwood, Humble, Porter, etc.). It's rare I come this side because 1) it's REALLY far away from Cypress and 2) there aren't as many halal options there as there are in other parts of town. The place I am reviewing is of a food truck off Northpark drive called Taste of Greek. My entire family was out for the day, so I decided to drive down there before heading home and then heading to one of my best's friends wedding.


Let's The Experience Begin!
Taste of Greek is located all the way in Kingwood off Northpark just after Russell Palmer Dr. It's located in a small food truck park. There were people there already, so I just waited in line.

Let's Eat!
What's a good thing to try when you're visiting a Greek place for the first time? Gyros of course! I got the beef/lab gyro sandwich. I paid $7.57 (tax included). I waited only 5 minutes for the gyro.

Menu: http://tasteofgreek.wixsite.com/tasteofgreek/menu
The only halal item here is their beef/lamb gyro sandwich, and plate according to the person manning the cashier area. Other than that, the prices weren't that bad tbh. The keftedes (beef meatballs) looked real good though.

The Gyro

The Verdict:
The gyro was actually tasty. Everything was fresh, and it had a lot of flavor.
No complaints about the service. The person was really nice.


Conclusion:
Taste of Greek is a great addition to a place that barely has halal food options (compared to other parts of town). If you want a nice wrap that is affordable, then give it a try!



Grading:
Food: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Total: 16/20 = 80% (B)
Pricing: $ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Taste of Greek
1956 Northpark Dr, Kingwood, Texas
Phone: (832) 335-7587
Website: http://tasteofgreek.wixsite.com/tasteofgreek
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tasteofgreek/
Timings: Mon - Sun: 11 AM - 7 PM
Caters: Unknown

Feel free to comment below, send me a message on Facebook, or send me an email!
Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment