Monday, January 13, 2014

CLOSED: Iqra Grill- A restaurant near Bush Airport

Restaurant: Iqra Grill
7031 FM 1960 Road West, Humble, TX 77338
Buffet or a-la-carte: A-la-carte

Date of visit: 12/28/13



Photo Credit: Me

UPDATE 1/31/16: This place has closed down

Background:
Salam/hey guys! Welcome to the last review of 2013! Sorry if it is late, my computer jacked up on me, and this review was not published when I actually did it before the new year. So for the last review of the year, I decided to review Iqra Grill. Iqra Grill is located opposite the area of Bush Intercontinental Airport on FM 1960 in a strip mall. It is located to an Indian/Pakistani supermarket that bears the same name. I had gone here because I was earlier in Humble doing some work for my parents. I had been up since 7 because I had to drive to the Toyota dealership in Spring and get my car serviced because it had to be recalled for some airbag condition. I had gotten really hungry because I skipped breakfast and ran out of my house. To add to that, the traffic in Humble was horrible. But thankfully after bearing through that, I arrived at the restaurant.



Let the Experience Begin!
The supermarket is like the one I usually go to back in Cypress. The difference is that it is attached to the restaurant. So basically if you want to dine in while you shop, you can eat here. The seating arrangement was decent, but what was so eerie was that I was the only customer eating in the restaurant! It felt weird. Never in my 10+ years of eating out have I been the only customer at ANY restaurant. When I came in, there was a person that was mopping the floor. He turned out to be the cashier. After waiting for him to go to the back of the cashier, I decided to place the order.



Let's Eat!
I ordered a light, healthy meal. I ordered the grilled chicken tikka leg. It came with vegetables and raita. To drink, I got a bottle of water. I paid a total of $6.48 (tax included). The waiting time was 17 minutes and 34 seconds, quite long for a single piece of chicken leg. 



Menu (Click to view): Grill menuDesi PizzaAppetizersKids MenuDrinksDesserts
The menu is a lot like Bundu Khan. What really interests me is the presence of Desi Pizza. Nothing else to report


Chicken Tikka leg with vegetales and raita


The Verdict:
So did the taste live up to Bundu Khan? The answer is no, and it's a no by a mile. The chicken tikka leg was very bland. There was hardly any taste in this dish. The vegetables were not fresh. The raita could have been a lot better if there wasn't so much water. The food was drained by a bottle of water. Overall, two thumbs down.
The service was nothing good or nothing bad. Within 30 minutes, I was out of the restaurant.



Conclusion:
Sadly, the only halal place in Humble was not that great. I've had better tikka at other restaurants. If you live in the northeast side if Houston, then I would suggest you drive to either Bundu Khan or the southwest side of town to get the best tikka.



Grading:
Service: 8/10
Food: 6.5/10
Waiting time: 10/10
Total: 24.5/30 = 81.6% (B)
Pricing: $ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
 Iqra Grill
7031 FM 1960 Road West, Humble, TX 77338
Phone: (281) 446-2836
Website: http://www.iqragrill.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iqragrill
Timings: Mon-Sun: 11 AM - 10 PM
Caters: Yes

Feel free to comment below!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed 

No comments:

Post a Comment