Friday, February 21, 2014

Sult'an Peppers- Halal Food in a Popular Mall

Restaurant: Sult'an Peppers
Memorial City Mall, Houston, TX 77024
Buffet or a-la-carte: Neither
Date of visit: 2/13/14



Photo Credit: http://sultan-pepper.com/images/logo.png



Background:
Salam/hey guys! I know I started writing too late, but I had an exam on Valentine's Day, so I had no time to start earlier. It would be a while before I publish this, because I have another exam on the 24th.  I will be reviewing Sult'an Pepper, a recently opened halal restaurant in Memorial City Mall. It was a welcoming experience, as this was the first time I would be eating halal food in a mall since the long gone days of living in Saudi Arabia. I hoped this would be as good as it was back then. My 11:30 AM class got cancelled because the teacher did not show up at all. I heard about this restaurant from a friend, so I thought of giving this place a try. Instead of going to campus and then come here, I went straight from my house.



Let The Experience Begin!
Sult'an Peppers is located the food court of Memorial City Mall. It is at the place where you find other outlets such as McDonalds and Sarku. I was one of the first customers to arrive at the restaurant. It was only a 5 minute wait in the line before I started ordering.



Let's Eat!
There are two options: you can either do a buffet or simply order a sandwich combo. I did the buffet. It resembled Fadi's, where you get an entree and a side. I ordered the chicken piccata with rice and Greek salad. Chicken Piccata is an Italian chicken dish where the chicken is sliced along its width, and is made with a sauce containing lemon juice. Normally, white wine is added, but since it is a halal restaurant, they use a different sauce. To drink, I got a bottle of water. I paid $8.65 (tax included). There was no waiting time, as the food is served right to you when you order it.



Menu: http://sultan-pepper.com/menu.html#close
To access each component, just simply click whatever you choose to see. The prices are very affordable, unlike Fadi's. This is truly a fusion restaurant. They have food from countries that border the Mediterranean Sea, such as Italy, Greece, and Turkey. But I don't get which country that borders the Mediterranean is interested in curry, since it is an Indian dish.



Chicken Piccata and Rice (Sorry no salad pic)


The Verdict:
The food was great! This reminded me of the times I used to eat whenever I used to go to the mall in Saudi Arabia. The rice was flavorful, and the chicken piccata was also good. The sauce in the piccata was flavorful. The food was washed down with a nice glass of water.
The service was good too. Everything was done with a nice smile, and the people really helped me out when choosing.



Conclusion:
If you ever feel the need to take a break and eat while shopping, then Sult'an Peppers is worth giving a shot. I wonder whether other malls will follow suit with Memorial City Mall. I hope that this would become successful. I will definitely visit when I go shopping again at Memorial City.



Grading:
Service: 9/10
Food: 9/10
Overall: 18/20 = 90% (A)
Pricing: $ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Sult'an Peppers
Memorial City Mall, Houston, TX 77024
Phone: (832) 487-9777
Website: http://sultan-pepper.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sultan-Pepper/359639040836669
Timings: Mon-Sat: 11 AM - 9 PM; Sun: 12 PM - 7 P<
Caters: Yes. For menu, click this link: http://sultan-pepper.com/catering_menu.html


Feel free to comment below!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment