Wednesday, February 4, 2015

CLOSED: Harvest Organic Grille: Halal Healthy Dining

Restaurant: Harvest Organic Grille
Address: 11681 Westheimer Road, Houston, Texas 77077
Buffet or a-la-carte: A-la-carte
Date of visit: 1/24/15



Photo Credit: http://znagroup.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/HARVEST_LOGO_PNG1.png

UPDATE 2/10/17: This place has closed down

Background:
Salam/hey guys! Welcome to my latest review. Today I will be reviewing a first: halal healthy food. Why is it healthy? Because this is organic food. The name of this place is Harvest Organic Grille. The day of the visit coincided with the Houston Auto Show. I was given money to spend on lunch, since I would be out the whole day with friends. I read about the halal status of this restaurant on Yelp. I called up this restaurant to see about their halal status, but the person on the phone didn't know what I was talking about. So I decided to go here and see for myself. Traffic wasn't that bad, so I reached just 20 minutes after leaving my house.



Let The Experience Begin!
Harvest Organic Grille is located next to a supermarket that bears the same name. When I entered, I immediately requested to speak to the owner. The owner wasn't there, but the general manager was. She then told me that she would go to the kitchen and see what halal items there are. I started to feel worried. Maybe the person on Yelp was lying. Maybe the restaurant changed meat suppliers without my knowledge. After 10 stressful minutes, I was relieved to hear that there WERE some halal items. The general manager then pointed on the menu what specific item was halal. Top marks for service. I then decided to sit down and eat.



Let's Eat!
I ordered something that I have always wanted to have: Kobe Burger. Kobe beef is one of the higher quality meats today. It came with fries with ketchup. To drink, I had water. All of this for a price of $12 and tax! The waiting time was 11 minutes and 2 seconds.



Menu: http://www.harvestgrille.com/
The website is different from other websites. Here, if you click on "Menu", it actually scrolls down to the menu itself! The best part is that they don't serve pork, but they do cook with alcohol. They do, however cook it separately when requested. Now this place is pretty expensive, especially the steaks (not halal) and the seafood. I actually have the conversation that I have with them on FB regarding the specific items that are halal

1st Part of my conversation


2nd Part of My Conversation




Kobe Beef Burger with fries



The Verdict:
So how did tasting a high quality beef go? Well, it was wonderful! The beef was cooked perfectly and was juicy. The vegetables are fresh. There was a good balance between the bun, meat and the condiments. The fries could have been much better. It was soggy. The ketchup did taste great.
The service was wonderful. The waiter took his time to explain what the halal items were and assured me that the food can be cooked separately. I wish other restaurants wouldn't get upset over someone asking about their halal food.



Conclusion:
Harvest Organic Grille is a good alternative to the regular fine dining place. I hope to try their other halal items, and I hope one day that they will have other halal items. I would recommend this place for both special occasions and just casual dining.



Grading: Starting from this review, I will be removing the "Waiting Time" and merging that into the "Service". For every minute after 20, it will be .5 points off.
Service: 10/10
Food: 8.5/10
Total: 18.5/20 = 92.5% (A)
Pricing: $$$ out of $$$$



Harvest Organic Grille
11681 Westheimer Road, Houston, Texas 77077
Phone: (281) 597-0000
Website: http://www.harvestgrille.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HarvestOrganicGrille
Timings: Sun-Thu: 11 AM - 10PM; Fri-Sat: 11 AM - 11 PM
Caters: Yes

Feel free to comment below, send me an email, or message me on Facebook!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment