Monday, September 28, 2015

Basha Kabab - Halal Mediterranean Food in the Mediterranean Center

Restaurant: Basha Kabab
Address: 2807 Old Spanish Trail, Houston, Texas 77054
Buffet or a-la-carte: a-la-carte:
Date of visit: 9/12/15



Background:
Salam/hey guys! Sorry I've been away as I had midterms to take care of at Prairie View A&M. Today I will be reviewing a new Mediterranean place that has opened near the Medical Center called Basha Kabab. Basha Kabab is located in the strip mall that is right next to the intersetion of Almeda and 90 Alt. Right opposite it are the Abu Omar Halal and Gyro King food trucks. I was in the mood for trying a new place, but my friend insisted on going to Gyro King. So I actually dropped him there, and then drove myself here.



Let The Experience Begin!
Inside the restaurant was very bright. It had paintings of famous monuments in the Middle East. There were the usual cashier area and tables. I then decided to order.



Let's Eat!
Trying to order here was at first chaotic. My original choice of Cornish Hen ran out. I don't know why a restaurant would run out of a specific meat during the day, out of all the times in the day. So I decided to settle with the kofta kabab. I got the sides of rice and french fries and with the kabab came pickles and red cabbage. I paid $9.73 (tax included). I just waited for my friend to come while waiting.



Menu: This place has all the popular Mediterranean food items like hummus, shawarma, and plates. I'm surprised that they don't have a mixed grill. They also have a wide variety of appetizers.


The Menu. Photo Credits: Their Facebook page


The Kofta Kabab


The Verdict:
Overall, the food was pretty good, though I didn't get my first choice of Cornish Hen. The bread was tasty. It was nice and fluffy. The vegetables were fresh, and the kabab was juicy and tender. The rice tasted nice also. The fries (not pictured) were perfectly cooked. The food was washed down with half a glass of Pepsi. Overall, one thumb up.
Though they ran out of the item I wanted, the service could still improve. The guy behind the counter was nice and was apologetic about my first item finishing, but they forgot my side of fries. It's important to not forget the order of the customer otherwise the customer would be very upset.



Conclusion:
I would definitely give this place another try. The food was convincing enough for me to try it again. Just recently they announced that they were going to introduce a favorite dish of mine: Mansaf. Guess it's time to plan my next trip.



Grading:
Food: 8.5/10
Service: 6/10
Total: 14.5/20 = 72.5% (C)
Pricing: $ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Basha Kabab
2807 Old Spanish Trail, Houston, Texas 77054
Phone: (713) 747-1000
Website: none
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BashaKababRestaurant/timeline/
Timings: Mon-Fri: 10 AM - 9 PM; Sat: 10 AM - 6 PM; Sun: closed
Caters: Yes

Feel free to comment below, message me on Facebook, or send me an email!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed


No comments:

Post a Comment