Monday, March 28, 2016

Napoli Express Pizza - A pizza place with some halal Italian dishes

Restaurant: Napoli Express Pizza
Address: 10145 South Highway 6, Sugar Land, Texas
Buffet or a-la-carte: A-la-carte
Date of visit: 3/17/16



Photo Credit: http://media.merchantcircle.com/36630663/9b372ffc-fda5-42c6-ac7d-76cf8d5b3f9b_medium.jpeg


Background:
Salam/hey guys! Welcome to my latest review. Today I will be reviewing yet another Italian restaurant: Napoli Express Pizza. Napoli Express Pizza is located in the parking lot of a Chevron Gas Station at the intersection of Highway 6 and Old Richmond Road. I was in Sugar Land as I was participating in making the short film with my friends for the MSA Showdown competition that is taking place in Arlington this coming weekend (not going sadly). We had taken a little break after we had spent the day filming and acting. So we decided to come here at the recommendation of our friend. It was also convenient because it was only 10 minutes from his house. So after we edited the scene, we went to the restaurant.



Let The Experience Begin
There were plenty of tables to eat inside. We got a table next to the door. The ambiance was nice and bright. The menu was there for us to see. After reading the menu, we were ready to order.



Let's Eat!
My friend ordered the beef lasagna, and I ordered the cheese ravioli with the halal meat sauce. Both came with free salad and garlic breadTo drink, my friend has a Sprite and I had a Pepsi. I paid between $11 and $12 (tax included). The waiting time for the lasagna was at 13 minutes, while my ravioli took more than double the time. The official time was 27 minutes and 3 seconds. This beats Darband as the place that I have endured the longest wait for my food. The funny thing is that it's even longer than the time it takes for Saravanaa Bhavan to give my food after the rest of my family gets it. I talked to my friend at the table and tried contacting my other friend to meet us at the restaurant so that we could go and finish the final scene.



Menu: http://www.napoliexpresspizza.com/menu.html
They have a separate halal menu. The great part is that the halal menu availability is very similar to the availability at Russo's on Kirby. You must mention halal at the counter. And when ordering pasta, make sure you tell them to not put alcohol in the pasta just to be safe. If you want, you can ask them to put marinara sauce or the meat sauce. They don't, however, have pizza by the slice.



Clockwise from top right: Cheese Ravioli with Meat Sauce, Lasagna, Garlic Bread, and House Salad


The Verdict:
The ravioli was tasty, and so was the sample of the lasagna that I had. Both my friend and I really liked the food that we had ordered. The meat sauce had a lot of flavor and the texture was perfect. The ravioli was fresh and the cheese inside it was so good. The only blemish was the salad, which was just ok. Overall, two thumbs up for the main courses and one side thumb for the salad.
The service was good. The lady at the counter was really nice. She had apologized for the delay in my food coming out.



Conclusion:
Want a place that has a variety of halal pastas? Then this is your best bet if you live in Sugar Land or anywhere west of the Tollway. This is big as most of the halal Italian places have a limited number of halal pastas available. And most importantly, the food tastes good. In my next trip, I will try the pizza that they have to offer. 



Grading:
Service: 7.3/10 (.7 points off because time exceeded 20 minute limit. Extra minute late = .1 points off)
Food: 8.5/10
Total: 15.8/20 = 79% (C)
Pricing: $$ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information: 
Napoli Express Pizza
10145 South Highway 6, Sugar Land, Texas
Phone: (281) 240-0722
Website: http://www.napoliexpresspizza.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Napoli-Express-Pizza-529878047057398/
Timings:

Monday: 10:30 AM - 9 PM
Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday & Thursday: 10:30 AM - 9:30 PM
Friday & Saturday: 10:30 AM - 10:30 PM
Sunday: 11 AM - 9 PM

Caters: Yes
Delivery available in certain areas

Feel free to comment below, send me a message on Facebook, or send me an email!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment