Sunday, April 30, 2017

Habashi House: Delivery Time!

Habashi House
309 Main Street, Kansas City, Missouri
Date of sampling: 3/31/17

Background:
Salam/hey guys! Today I will be reviewing the food from the other halal restaurant in downtown Kansas City called Habashi House. Instead of going there, I got the food delivered to the convention center. The main reason for that was because I had no ride to that place (located in River Market, which was a significant walk) and also that I had to grab a bite before heading for Friday prayers. Thus, I will be only grading on the food. I used Postmates to get my food delivered to my location. 




Let's Eat!
Habashi House's chicken dishes are halal, but only a select number of beef dishes are halal. To play it safe, I ordered a sheesh tawooq (as what it is spelled on their menu). And I got rice with it. Price? $9.99 + tax.



The pricing is not that bad to be honest. However it would be better if the food had two side options instead of one. I wonder how you can eat just plain meat and hummus without pita bread??

Two skewers of Sheesh Tawooq and rice

The Verdict:
Long story short, it was average. Yes, the food was still fresh when it had arrived, but the taste did not exceed expectations. The rice was somewhat oily as well.



Conclusion:
Habashi could have done better with their rice by making it less oily. I've definitely had better sheesh tawooq dishes in my life.



Grading:
Food: 6/10

Restaurant Information
Habashi House
309 Main Street, Kansas City, Missouri
Phone: (816) 421-0414
Website: http://www.habashihouse.com/
Timings: Tue-Sat: 10:30 AM - 8 PM; Sun: 10:30 AM - 5 PM; Mon: 10:30 AM - 2 PM
Caters: yes

Feel free to comment below, send me a message on Facebook, or send me an email!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment