Sunday, April 16, 2017

Quick Review: KC Smoke Burgers: Best Halal Burgers in the Great Plains?

Restaurant: KC Smoke Burgers
Address: 1610 W 39th Street, Kansas City, Missouri
Buffet or a-la-carte: a-la-carte
Date of visit: 3/29/17



Background:
Salam/hey guys! Today is the first time that I review a place that is located in Missouri! In my last visit to the Kansas City area, I only got to try three places in Kansas (mainly Overland Park and Lenexa). So why am I in the Show Me State during the middle of the school year? Well, it was because I was attending the 43rd annual NSBE Conference (NSBE = National Society of Black Engineers). I also had an interview the following day for an internship position (if I get it, I'll be relocating to Florham Park, New Jersey for the summer). and I wanted to learn more about my discipline. I came with my school on a 12 hour bus ride from my university to the hotel near Kansas City airport. I however did not stay with them. I stayed with my aunt and uncle in Overland Park (because they're family). So after saying goodbye to them and getting picked up by my uncle, we ordered burgers for lunch from here since it was lunch time.
This was actually a place that I actually wanted to try during my last visit in 2014 since I heard wonderful things about it from my family as well as my friend who moved to Kansas City from Houston. This, from what I know, is the only halal burger in all of Western Missouri and in the entire Kansas City area including the Kansas suburbs. Makes me hope that ONE day, there will be a place for halal Kansas City BBQ, since it is the main food that Kansas City is known for. After going through 635 and 35, we arrived at the place to pick it up.



Let The Experience Begin!
KC Smoke Burgers is located near the University of Kansas Medical School. Oh, and you have to parallel park (which is a rare thing in Texas). Inside, it was simple: seats, and the cashier area. We came, and got the pickup order.



Let's Eat!
I got their signature stuffed burger, while my uncle got the basic cheeseburger. We both got burgers and Coke. The stuffings I got were cheddar cheese and onions.



Menu: https://www.smokeburgers.com/#/
For this place, you have to request for halal. Everything can come in halal except for the turkey and chili. The place is like your typical burger joint.

The burger I had



The Verdict:
The food was just WOW. Even though it was pickup, the food was still fresh and there was a lot of flavor in the burger. My uncle also enjoyed his burger. It was very fulfilling as well. Definitely a gem in the Kansas City Area. The people were really nice as well!



Conclusion:
Well, they definitely gained a returning customer! I hope to dine in there during my next visit to the Kansas City area. I hope to try their other items as well. If you are in Kansas City, then you should definitely give this place a try!

Grading:
Food: 10/10

Restaurant Information:
KC Smoke Burgers
1610 W 39th Street, Kansas City, Missouri
Phone: (816) 931-4455
Website: https://www.smokeburgers.com/#/
Timings: Mon-Thu: 11 AM - 9 PM; Fri-Sat: 11 AM - 10 PM; Sun: 11 AM - 8 PM
Caters: unknown

Feel free to comment below, send me a message on Facebook, or send me an email!

Cheers
Zain Mohammed

1 comment:

  1. My search for halal has brought me to your site. It is very interesting. Thanks for such great information on halal permit halal food.

    ReplyDelete