Saturday, May 13, 2017

Pepperoni's- Yes, That's The Actual Name of the Restaurant AND They Have Halal Options as Well

Restaurant: Pepperoni's
Address: 8502 South Main Street, Houston, Texas
Buffet or a-la-carte: a-la-carte
Date of Visit: 4/8/17



Background:
Salam/hey guys! Finals are over, so this means I am back! I was so busy with school that this is the only review from April that I am writing. Today I will be writing about a new pizza place that has halal options. The name? Pepperoni's. Don't think for a second that they only serve Pepperoni pizza. They have a huge variety as well. I first heard of this only a few days ago at the Menu of Menus event that was hosted by the Houston Press (It was a great event with a lot of good halal/seafood/vegetarian foods). I had their cheese pizza there and it was fantastic. They gave out free 8" pizza coupons to every person who came to their booth at the event. They have locations all over town. I took one and made the intention of going to their Montrose location and getting their cheese pizza again (they have locations in Montrose, Medical Center, Katy, and Fort Bend County). Next thing you know, I get a tip from one of my followers on Instagram that they have started having halal beef toppings at their Medical Center location! Immediately the next day, I was able to go and give it a try!



Let The Experience Begin!
The location that I went to was the Medical Center one. It is located at the intersection of South Main and Braesman. Next to the door is the entire menu. Impressive. Inside, it was small, but it had the usual tables with the cashier area as well as a TV. On the wall, there was a sign that said "Halal Beef Now Available on Request".



Let's Eat!
Without any hesitation, I ordered an 8" pizza with halal beef, and used my coupon. The waiting time wasn't that bad.



Menu: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/555e06e2e4b0f085e3d3d1ea/t/5866aace9de4bbfbbf62837c/1483123414915/Montrose16.pdf

This is the menu for both the Medical Center and Montrose locations. I didn't post the menu for Fort Bend county and Katy because ONLY the Medical Center location has halal beef as of right now. My pizza would have costed $7.57 (tax included).



The 8" Halal Beef Pizza


Halal Beef Sign

The Verdict:
While this had lesser halal options than Russo's a few miles away, the pizza here was impressive. It was piping hot and fresh when it came to the table. The taste was also really good. It was far better than the pizza chains and some of the pizzas that I have had in my life. Overall, the place did a great job. No complaints about the service. The people were really nice and gave me no issues.



Conclusion:
Pepperoni's managed to impress me twice in a week. I definitely see myself coming here again on a regular basis if I want to eat a whole pizza myself without having to order a medium and literally stuff my face. The food comes fresh and hot, and there are no issues in the service. I hope that in the future there will be more halal toppings to choose from.



Grading:
Service: 8/10
Food: 9/10
Total: 17/20 = 85% (B)
Pricing: $$ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Pepperoni's
Address: 8502 South Main Street, Houston, Texas
Phone: (713) 664-5353
Website: pepperonis.net
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Pepperonis
Instagram: pepperonis_pizza
Email: pizza@pepperonis.net
Timings: Mon-Sun: 10 AM - 10 PM
Caters: Yes
Online ordering available

Feel free to comment below, send me an email, or message me on Facebook!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment