Monday, May 29, 2017

The Ultimate Wraps: A Halal Food Truck In Greenspoint

Food Truck: The Ultimate Wraps
Address:
Buffet or a-la-carte: A-la-carte
Date of Visit: 5/3/17

UPDATE 8/21/17: They have moved to a new location at the intersection of Westheimer and Jeanetta Rd (near Hillcroft intersection). I got their Gyro Fries and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Background:
Salam/hey guys! Today I will be recapping my experience at a brand new halal food truck. This food truck is called The Ultimate Wraps. I first heard about this food truck when the owner first posted about it to get the word out that they opened up, and also when the owner did a competition where the winners would get a free wrap. I was one of the winners, so I got to give them a try. It was also a good study break for me from finals preparation (which is why I've been behind on my reviews). Before heading to Prairie View to prepare for my first final, I headed to the place.



Let The Experience Begin!
The food truck is located at the gas station on Beltway 8 and Greenspoint Drive. There was a line of cars with people waiting to get their food. After waiting a little bit in line, I was ready to order.



Let's Eat!
I asked them what their most popular wrap is, and the answer was the gyro. So I got that. They asked for spicy or regular. I got regular since it is the same thing that I got when I got the gyro at Fyza Alwadi's. The waiting time was about 11 minutes and 46 seconds.



Menu: It's only because of pictures on Yelp that posting the menu pics became possible. The Facebook page does not list the prices of their menu items, and their website is not fully ready yet. I hope they fix that so that people would be able to know how much they are expected to pay.
This place offers Indian/Pakistani, Mediterranean, and American fare. Best of all, the prices are affordable. Nothing in the menu is over $10. Really good if you're on a budget and want a cheap meal. Click the pictures to zoom in.


Fries, Catering Information, and Front of Pamphlet (photo credit: https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/the-ultimate-wraps-houston?select=pYZsSHL_E4-SqhDi1P5mzA)

Wraps, Philly Steaks, and NY Style platters (Photo Credit: https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/the-ultimate-wraps-houston?select=vve08-HB3GhlHmoUSHlYww)


The Gyro

The Ultimate Verdict:
The ultimate verdict was that it was pretty good, and filling as well. Everything complemented each other. The service was great. The people were really nice and helpful. 



Conclusion:
The Ultimate Wraps is a nice new addition to the halal food scene in Northside. This is a good place to go and get a quick bite.



Grading:
Food: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Total: 15.5/20 = 77.5% (C)
Pricing: $ out of $$$$




No comments:

Post a Comment