Sunday, November 17, 2013

Bar BQ Village and Juice Bar- Nice, small place near the local mosque

Restaurant- Bar BQ Village and Juice Bar
17118 West Little York Road, Houston, Texas 77084
Buffet or a-la-carte? A-la-carte
Date of visit: 11/16/13



Photo Credit: http://s3-media2.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/YjmkzW7LrhpjD2KpLtrNxQ/l.jpg


Background:
Salam/hey guys! Today I will be doing a takeout review. No difference in grading though. Same assessments on food, service, and waiting time. The only difference is that I am eating in my car rather than inside the restaurant, mainly because I am in a hurry having to go somewhere else. So on top of that, I am reviewing Bar BQ Village and Juice Bar. I was setting up an actual barbecue at the mosque just a few blocks down the road. This was for the youth that had showed up to play football, basketball, and also learn about the Quran. It really got frustrating as we didn't have a barbecue available for a long time! Time was ticking by and I got hungry as I had not eaten anything the whole day. I had to pick a couple of people up from their houses while going to the mosque from UH. I then had to pick up the chicken that was being marinated, then come to the mosque. It was so time consuming that I had no time to stop somewhere on the way and eat. When the barbecue actually came, it turned out that the food would be ready after sunset (i.e. dinner time)! Alas, enough was enough! i told the other guys that I didn't eat anything since morning, and I went off to the restaurant. After the 3 minute drive, I arrived at the restaurant.



Let The Experience Begin!
Bar BQ Village & Juice Bar is located on the intersection of West Little York and Queenston. It shares the same strip mall as Bismillah Grocers, and Pho Miss Saigon. Inside, there were tables, and there were paintings of what I assume to be the landscapes of the Alps in Europe. That's it. It seemed like the restaurant is popular with groups of people because the tables were big, like people would come here to drink some tea or juice and talk about things such as life in general. At the cashier's desk was a big man, who I assume to be the owner of the restaurant. After consulting the menu, I decided to order.



Let's Eat!
Because of the eventual barbecue, I decided to eat light. I decided to order a Beef Bihari Kabab Roll with naan bread. Kabab Rolls are a very popular form of street food in Pakistan. Bihari Kabab is kabab marinated in spices. It originated in the Indian state of Bihar, but it is widely popular in the whole world. I did not get anything to drink as I had purchased a Thums Up (Indian Coke) from Bismillah Grocers. I paid a total of $9.13, which is not bad. The waiting time to get the food was a good 5 minutes and 13 seconds.




The menu is actually very wide. They even have steak! Quite surprising for a Pakistani restaurant to be very honest. I also like that they have lunch specials for only $5! Very convenient for anyone who has a budget.


The roll unopened


The roll


The inside of the roll


The Verdict:
The roll was delightful! The naan and the kabab were very fresh. The vegetables inside were a perfect balance to the meat, and the sauce was also delightful. One problem was that it had started leaking, which is why I am holding the packet above after I took a bit of it. It really felt like that I was on the streets, picking up the food, and eating it while I was on the way to work. 
The service was normal as usual. Place order, pay food, wait for it, get food, and leave. Nothing big. 



Conclusion:
If you are looking for a quick bite around near FM 529, then this is a perfect place for you. The best part is that the prices are cheap, so you don't have to worry about how much money you will need to spend. I will come back and try new things, and I will hope that the quality of the food is the same as it was today.



Grading:
Service: 8/10
Food: 9/10
Waiting Time: 10/10
Total: 27/30 = 90% (A)
Pricing: $ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information
Restaurant- Bar BQ Village and Juice Bar
17118 West Little York Road, Houston, Texas 77084
Phone: (832) 593-7252
Website: http://www.barbqvillage.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/barbqvillage1
Twitter: https://twitter.com/barbqvillage
Timings: Mon: Closed; Tue-Thu: 11:30 AM - 10 PM; Fri: 11:30 AM - 11 PM; Sat: 9:30 AM - 11 PM; Sun: 9:30 AM - 10 PM
Caters: Yes


Feel free to comment below!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

1 comment:

  1. Hello Zain,

    Thank you for the review and we are always trying to improve. We have recently opened a buffet Resturant right next door and we would love for you to try it out.

    Thank You

    Bar B Q Village Management

    ReplyDelete