Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Kabab Korner - 3 Cuisines in One Place

Restaurant: Kabab Korner
Address: 12039 Antoine Road, Houston, Texas 77066
Buffet or a-la-carte: a-la-carte
Date of visit: 11/30/15






Background:
Salam/hey guys, and happy holidays! Today I will be reviewing a place that is pretty popular in Houston and enjoyed by many. The place is called Kabab Korner. Many people I know have praised the place, saying that the food tastes good. I have heard countless times from people I know about how good that place is and how they offer a wide variety of food. Kabab Korner has two locations: the one I am reviewing today and one in Katy. I decided to give this place a try after going for a ride along in a Tesla Model S P90D (boy it was FUN) before heading for my 5 PM class at Prairie View A&M.



Let The Experience Begin!
Kabab Korner is located just before the intersection of Antoine and Veterans Memorial. The inside was nice and casual. You go up to the counter, order the food and then pay.



Let's Eat!
There were so many options that I had to literally think about what to try and get some recommendations from a good friend of mine that is a regular. I even asked the person at the counter what the popular items were. I ended up going for the non spicy mix shawarma combo (they asked whether I wanted spicy or non-spicy). It came with tahini sauce, hummus, and garlic sauce. I also got a side of Mediterranean rice. To drink, I got water. I paid $10.98 (tax included). The waiting time was good at 5 minutes and 32 seconds.



Menu: They have their menu on their website, but there are two major issues. Firstly, and most importantly, they don't show the prices. It's important to show the prices so that the person can get a good idea on how much he/she is expected to pay when visiting the restaurant. Anyways, the place has kababs from both the Middle East and the Subcontinent, and they have burgers, biryani, shawarma, and khatti daal. Pretty diverse place I must say.



Non Spicy Combo Shawarma Plate


The Verdict:
The shawarma meat was great, especially the chicken. The sauces were also great! The hummus was also pretty good, and this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of it. The rice could have some improvement though. The food was washed down with water.
The service was normal like any other restaurant. I had no complaints about it. I just ordered the food, paid, and headed out.



Conclusion:
Kabab Korner is a decent place to eat at. The food convinced me to go and give the place a second try. I will most likely visit the Katy location on my next trip, or wait until their food is catered for a specific occasion. I will update the next time I go.



Grading:
Service: 8/10
Food: 7.5/10
Total: 15.5/20 = 72.5% (C)
Pricing: $$ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Kabab Korner
12039 Antoine Road, Houston, Texas 77066
Phone: (281) 880-0786
Website: http://kabobkorner.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Kabob-Korner-167004979997713/
Timings:

Monday-Thursday & Sunday: 11 AM - 10 PM
Friday & Saturday: 11 AM - 11 PM

Caters: Yes
Gift cards available for purchase

Feel free to comment below, send me a message on Facebook, or send me an email!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment