Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Pho A&A: It's Pho Sure Good

Restaurant: Pho A&A
Address: 6700 Denton Highway, Watauga, Texas
Buffet or a-la-carte: a-la-carte
Date of visit: 10/2/19

Background:
Salam/hey guys! Today I will be writing about my first time trying a popular Vietnamese dish: Pho. Pho is basically Vietnamese beef noodle soup. It is really popular in Houston and, but there's no spot in Houston that has halal beef pho even though it's one thing that so many people want. In fact, there are only three Vietnamese spots in the entire country that have halal pho. One is Pho Ellie in Fullerton, California (Orange County), Simply Banh Mi in Washington DC, and the place I went and I am writing about now: Pho A&A in Watauga, which is about 11 miles northeast of Fort Worth. I first heard about it after one of my Instagram followers from the DFW area tried it and loved it. I immediately put it in my list of places to try. The only issue is that whenever I visit the DFW area, I usually go to the Dallas side since I have relatives in Allen (near Plano). Pho A&A is about an hour from there.
So how was I able to go and try it? Well, I went on a business trip to Fort Worth, and I happened to have time to try it. After checking in at the hotel, I went and tried it.



Let The Experience Begin!
Pho A&A is located at the intersection of Denton Highway (US 377) and Chapman Road. It was empty, so I helped myself to the table. After looking through the menu, I was ready to order.



Let's Eat!
I ordered a large pho bowl, which costed $11.99 + tax. Along with the bowl came bean sprouts, jalapenos, basil, and lime. The waiting time was 12 minutes and 21 seconds.



Menu: Menu (click to view)

It's amazing how much variety of pho they have, AND they're fully halal. They have a whomping 5 varieteies of halal pho to choose from. Along with the regular steak pho, they have one which has steak along with tendons and tenderloins, a chicken pho, a shrimp pho, and a vegetarian pho. Another menu item that looks really promising is the Korean Short Ribs, another thing not available in Houston. They also have a Thai menu to choose from.


Large Steak Pho


How it's presented. You Mix the bowl before eating
Bean Sprouts, Basil, Lime, and Jalapenos (aka the condiments of the Pho Bowl)



The Verdict:
For someone having it for the first time, it was legit! The way it works is that you add as much of the condiments as possible to give the bowl its flavor. The bowl was very flavorful, and it was also really big. Great value for how much it costs. The meat was nice and tender, and the noodles were cooked perfectly. They pho sure feel you well. No issues with the service.



Conclusion:
If you are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, take the drive there. Halal pho is a rare thing in this country, and this is the only spot in all of Texas to have halal pho. The people are friendly, and they feed you well. I hope there will be one in Houston in the future.



Grading:
Food: 8/10
Service: 9/10
Total: 17/20 = 80% (B)
Pricing: $$ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Pho A&A
6700 Denton Highway, Watauga, Texas
Phone: (817) 656-4878
Website: None
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/phoAandA
Timings: Tue - Thu & Sun: 11:30 AM - 9 PM; Fri - Sat: 11:30 AM - 10 PM
Caters: yes

Feel free to comment below, send me a message on Facebook, or send me an email!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment