Saturday, February 23, 2019

DaddyO's Pizza: When an Appetizer is Filling and Legit

Restaurant: DaddyO's Pizza
Address: 2645 N Gessner Road, Houston, TX
Buffet or a-la-carte: A-la-carte
Date of latest visit: 2/16/19



Background:
Salam/hey guys! Today I will be talking about a spot that has been around for nearly 25 years, and just started offering a halal option. The place in question is called DaddyO's Pizza. I actually heard about this place after seeing pictures on social media about the food they have. It looks appetizing, but as I have learned, it's best to see how the food is really presented, looks, and tastes. There have been some instances where the food comes in a reasonably sized bowl, but in reality it would come in something very small. One thing that caught my eye was the garlic cheese rolls that were shown. I wanted to try it, but I wasn't going to post about it initially since they didn't have halal options. But, I got a DM from them, and they said that they plan on offering a halal gyro topping for their pizzas, salad, wraps. Since I saw pictures of the rolls with pepperoni, I thought that it would be ok to have the gyro meat in them. I got to go while I was on a break from my PE (Principles of Engineering) exam prep class at their Spring Branch location (They also have a location on Dairy Ashford).




Let The Experience Begin!
The Spring Branch location of DaddyO's is located on N Gessner between Kempwood and Westray. The inside is small, similar to Crespo's. They also have seating outside.



Let's Eat!
I got the garlic cheese rolls with the gyro meat. For that, request the build your own and then add the gyro meat. The price is $11.90 (tax included). The wait time wasn't bad at approximately 8 minutes.


Menu: https://slicelife.com/restaurants/tx/houston/77080/daddyo-s-pizza/menu?clientId=272335213.1550966280&segment_id=ab402ce2-80ca-412e-ac5b-6140ad256aba
This spot has pizzas, calzones, pastas, and subs, which are typical for most pizza places in town. They also have baklava as a dessert option.


What the rolls look like

My attempt at a cheese pull



The Verdict:
My goodness. The rolls were PHENOMENAL. It was incredibly flavorful, and the gyro meat was cooked perfectly. I also liked the bread. Easily one of the best appetizers I've had at a restaurant. The portions are big, so I would recommend you getting this with someone (I didn't eat the whole thing myself). No complaints about the service. 



Conclusion:
DaddyO's is a place that's worth checking out. The garlic cheese rolls are something that is unique for a pizza place here in Houston. I will come back and try the pizzas, and I'd recommend you guys to check the place out if you're in the Energy Corridor or Spring Branch.


Grading:
Food: 9/10
Service: 8/10
Total: 17/20 = 85% (B)
Pricing: $$ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
DaddyO's Pizza
Address: 2645 N Gessner Road, Houston, TX
Phone: (713) 939-8000
Website: https://www.orderdaddyospizza.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daddyospizzahouston/?ref=br_rs
Timings: Sun-Thu: 11 AM - 9 PM; Fri-Sat: 11 AM - 10 PM;
Caters: Yes
Delivery also available

Feel free to comment below, send me a message on Facebook, or email me!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment