Saturday, February 16, 2019

Sam's Southern Eatery: A Spot with Halal Options in the Golden Triangle

Restaurant: Sam's Southern Eatery
Address: 2949 College Street #115, Beaumont, TX
Buffet or a-la-carte: A-la-carte
Date of visit: 2/6/19



Background:
Salam/hey guys! Today I will be talking about my experience at a spot in Beaumont called Sam's Southern Eatery. Now what got me to go all the way to Beaumont to review a restaurant? Well, I was on a road trip to a site in my job in Louisiana. So the night before, I messaged one of my long time followers about any halal spots in Beaumont, since he was from there. It was then that I was told about the place. After calling them up to confirm, I headed to the restaurant.


Let The Experience Begin!
The store is located on College Street just a mile from I-10. The interior was dark, and it was packed.



Let's Eat!
I ordered chicken strips. It came with two sides. I tried to be healthier, so I got green beans and coleslaw. Everything costed $6.46 (tax included). It was one heck of a deal. The waiting time was about 8 minutes.



Menu: https://www.zmenu.com/sams-southern-eatery-beaumont-online-menu/
The halal options here are the strips and the philly chicken. They have seafood options as well.


Chicken Strips

Green Beans and Coleslaw

The Verdict:
For the amount you pay, you get a lot of food. But, in an effort to lose some weight, I had only one chicken strip. The rest I had shared with the guys at work. I also had a bit of the sides, and they weren't bad as well.



Conclusion:
If you're looking for a spot with halal options in a small town like Beaumont, then consider Sam's Southern Eatery. I wouldn't mind going there again in the future if I were to stop in Beaumont again. I wonder if there's anything else to try (in case I come again).



Grading:
Service: 8/10
Food: 7/10
Total: 15/20 = 75% (C)
Pricing: $ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Sam's Southern Eatery
Address: 2949 College Street #115, Beaumont, TX
Phone: (409) 832-5050
Timings: Mon-Fri: 10 AM - 9 PM; Sat-Sun: 11 AM - 8 PM
Caters: Yes

Feel free to comment below, send me a message on Facebook, or email me!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed

No comments:

Post a Comment