Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Groovy Burger: A Food Truck Serving Halal Burgers

Food Truck: Groovy Burgers
Address: 8621 Westheimer Road, Houston, Texas
Buffet or a-la-carte: A-la-carte
Date of latest visit: 7/2/19

DISCLAIMER: All that is written in this review is of honesty.

Background:
Salam/hey guys! Todat I will be writing about a spot that opened up a few weeks ago called Groovy Burgers. As the name suggests, this place sells burgers. I first heard about the place, when the owner messaged me about coming to check it out. So I did. I made another trip here because I also wanted to try their chicken burger. I went after work on both trips. On the first trip, I met my IG food blogger friend, and I went to the second one myself.



Let The Experience Begin!
Groovy Burgers is located at the gas station on Westheimer and Crossview Drive. If there's no parking at the station, then you can park at the strip complex next to the gas station. In the first trip, it opened a little late as the owner was running late with inventory (it's a one man show so give him a break if you were to experience this). On the second trip, it was open.



Let's Eat!
I ordered the Munchies burger on the first trip. It is a 7 oz patty stuffed with cheese, and topped with American cheese, a spring mix, blue cheese dressing, onions, and groovy sauce. On the second trip, I ordered the spicy fried chicken burger with an add on of beef bacon. It's fried tandoori chicken breasts with American cheese, fried onions, serrano peppers, jalapeno ranch, and a red sauce. On both occasions, we got the fries. One cool thing about this place is that they put melted cheese in every order of fries. While waiting for the food on the first trip, we spoke to the owner. On the second trip, I spoke with the owner as well as giving recommendations to a first time customer about what to get


Menu: Page 1 From FacebookPage 2 From Facebook
The menu is from their Facebook page, since they don't have a website. The place is fully halal. Along with burgers, they sell Philly cheesesteak, hot dogs, and deep fried candy bars (like what you see at carnivals). They have a variety of sauces as add ons to go with the beef bacon.


The Munchies Burger
Cheese Fries With Philly Cheesesteak meat on top

The Spicy Crispy Chicken Burger



The Verdict:
Overall, the food was great. But I have two recommendations. First is to ask him to add the jalapeno ranch sauce when having the Munchies Burger, and get them to put extra jalapeno ranch sauce in the Spicy Crispy Chicken Burger. That was legit one of the best ranch sauces I've ever had. Out of these two, I'd rank the spicy chicken burger as the better one



Conclusion:
Groovy Burgers is a great addition to the halal food truck scene in Houston. The food was great on both trips, and people are also enjoying it based on the feedback I've received and seen. One thing I would like to see in the future is that they would open for lunch. I think it would do very well with the lunch rush there. I'd definitely be back in the future, and I would recommend to try this place.



Grading: 
Food: 9.25/10
Total: 9.25/10 = 92.5% (A)
Pricing: $ out of $$$$



Restaurant Information:
Groovy Burgers
8621 Westheimer Road, Houston, Texas
Phone: (281) 416-6343
Website: None
Timings: Mon-Sat: 6 PM to 4 AM
Caters: No

Feel free to comment below, send me an email, or message me on Facebook!

Cheers!
Zain Mohammed



No comments:

Post a Comment